Constitution of the Nuffield Practice PPG
Our purpose is to engage with the Practice (at a frequency and in a manner mutually agreed) to ensure that patients and carers are involved in decisions about the range, shape and quality of services provided. This shall be done proactively and involve both patients and carers as critical friends of the Practice.
Our objectives are to work constructively with the Practice to:
- advise on the patient and carer perspective and provide insights into the responsiveness and quality of Practice services
- encourage patients to take greater responsibility for their health
- carry out research into the views and experiences of those who use the Practice
- organize health promotion events in collaboration with the Practice
- provide two-way communication with the patient population.
We shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that our PPG is representative of the whole Nuffield patient population, offering all patients the opportunity of membership of a face-to-face Steering Group (which shall meet every 2 months at the Practice) and membership of a ‘virtual’ group via e-mail which will enable wider involvement of those unable or unwilling to attend face-to-face meetings.
The Steering Group will elect annually a Chairman, a Vice Chairman and a secretary from among its membership. Other officers may be appointed as necessary.
The Practice shall be represented at Steering Group meetings by the Practice Manager and a senior member of the Practice clinical team.
Our tasks will include:
- reviewing feedback from registered patients and their carers (even if they aren't registered with the practice)
- identifying improvements that may be made in the delivery of services by the practice ,and where the PPG and the practice agree that the practice must act on suggestions for improvement, using reasonable endeavours to implement these
- creating a quarterly patient newsletter
- working with other PPGs and patient groups in West Oxfordshire to improve healthcare in our area via membership of the Public and Patient Partnership for West Oxfordshire.