Practice Nursing Team Clinics
Our practice nurses are experienced and trained in many areas and offer services including the following
- Monitoring and management of long term conditions (asthma, diabetes, coronary heart disease etc)
- Health promotion
- Minor ailments
- Family planning and contraception - nurses accept patients for all aspects of family planning advice.
- Cervical smears - when making an appointment, please make it clear to the receptionist that your appointment is for a cervical smear so that we can make the right appointment for you with one of the practice nurses.
- Travel vaccination and advice
- Childhood immunisations
- Wound management.
- Dressings and wound management
- Ear syringing
The practice nurses also carry out various diagnostic tests,
Our health care assistants specialise in these areas:
- Blood tests
- Smoking cessation - we now have several (free) services and treatments available to help smokers who are ready to quit. Several members of the practice nursing team are a trained smoking cessation advisers, and are available for advice and support. To make an appointment please ask at reception or ring 01993 703641Blood tests
- Blood pressure
- smoking cessation
- weight management
- Health checks
To book an appointment with the practice nurses or health care assistants, telephone 01993 703641. Please tell the receptionist as much as you can about what kind of appointment you want so that they can book you with the right person, appropriately trained to deliver the service you need.